I count my pounds lost to create a fuller, healthier life for me and my family and to help children in another land have food to eat.
I Count For Them!

Weight Loss

  • Week 12-13: 226.6
  • Week 11: 228.0
  • Week 10: 230.0
  • Week 9: 225.0
  • Week 6-8: Stayed the Same
  • Week 5: 226.6
  • Week 4: 227.0
  • Week 3: 229.4
  • Week 2: 230.3
  • Week 1: 232.2
  • Starting Weight: 241.2

Friday, March 28, 2014

Week #4 Report


I love this picture!
I felt success this week in a few ways.
I lost 2.4 pounds!
I worked HARD for those 2.4 pounds.
I am now down to 227.0.
I also reached my goal to run over 3 miles.
I made it to 3.3 miles running 3/4 of the way.
I am feeling ready to run a few 5 K's which is my next goal.
I tried new foods/recipes.

To help "protect myself" from binge eating I have set two goals for my week this past week and will continue on in the coming weeks.
1.  Never allow myself to get too hungry....don't forget to eat a snack.  When I get to hungry it is easier for me to eat too much etc.   When I eat well all day I have zero problems with cravings and temptations.
2.  Include 1 day in the week where I can eat a meal or treat (or both)  and not worry about it.  I realized after working my "program" for over 17 days that the longer I said no to everything the harder it became to say no.  A friend of mine suggested I have a built in "cheat" ...or whatever you want to call it.   So when you see "cheat day" on my Daily Tracking page you will know what I mean. :)

I tried mashed cauliflower this week.
It was ok...not great.  I think I know how to make it taste better so I will try it again in coming weeks.
I am hoping to try out this new veggie this coming week.

It is called Jicama -pronounced (HEE-kah-ma).
I am told it is great on salads.
I'll let you know.
If you have a great recipe for Jicama let me know.

I am not losing 9 pounds each week (wouldn't that be nice lol).
But I am losing and I am changing my habits with food and my body is changing.
People are starting to notice now.
It has been 1 month and 3 days since I started this journey and lost a total of 14.2 pounds.
I think that is pretty Awesome!  :)
Happy Me!!

1 comment:

  1. I slice it up just like you would with an apple and eat it plain. It's about the same consistency as an apple, but not as sweet and not as much flavor (especially here in the states. They were much better in the Philippines). You could probably eat it with yogurt or whipped cream or fruit dip-treat it just like you would an apple.

    ReplyDelete