I count my pounds lost to create a fuller, healthier life for me and my family and to help children in another land have food to eat.
I Count For Them!

Weight Loss

  • Week 12-13: 226.6
  • Week 11: 228.0
  • Week 10: 230.0
  • Week 9: 225.0
  • Week 6-8: Stayed the Same
  • Week 5: 226.6
  • Week 4: 227.0
  • Week 3: 229.4
  • Week 2: 230.3
  • Week 1: 232.2
  • Starting Weight: 241.2

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Week 1 Report.


Journal Entry #2
March 3, 1014

Well it has been 1 week since I started my project.I am so excited to share with you I now weigh 232.2 pounds.
That is a loss of 9 pounds!
I have been diligent all week and been praying for help.
I am so happy with the result.
Some of my favorite moments this week was when I was able to walk 3.18 miles and then later in the week walk/run those miles and walk/run on other days.    I am working up to running 3+ miles a day which is what I was doing over the summer last year.   I am heavier than I was in the summer so I have to remember to give my body time. 
I love to exercise outside rather than on my treadmill.  It is so nice to walk or run from point  A to point B rather than feeling like a hamster on a wheel. ;)   We have had alot of rain this  past week so there was one day I had to stay indoors to work out but the rest of the days I just bundled up and went out even when it was raining a bit.   This project really helps my motivation and determination.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to do it.

I have had people ask "What are you doing to lose weight" or they ask "Are you doing weight watchers?".   The answer is yes and no.   I take the things I have learned in WW in the past and I use ideas and tips.   I am also remembering things I learned from a Mary Lou Henner book on weight loss where she talks about keeping yourself busy with getting your house in order while you are getting your body in order.   And then there is my biggest piece.   I loosely follow "The 17 Day Diet".   I cut down the carbs, I eat lots of veggies and 2 fruits a day along with lean meats and things like yogurt.  I love it.   I don't follow the program exactly but have tailored it to fit my needs.   I am what has been called Carbohydrate Intolerant or Sensitive.  There isn't anything that puts on weight faster for me than eating breads, sweets and other foods with high carbohydrate content.   I am feeling really good about my progress and I am excited to see what this week will bring.   I know you usually lose the most the first week so I am keeping that in my mind.

On my first day of walking I was in some pretty good pain by the end.  The second day was worse.  I realized I needed new shoes.  Spencer and I took a trip to Scheels and I picked up an awesome pair of Brooks.   They  have arch support and forefront cushioning which is exactly what I needed.   No more sore toe!


My two favorite finds of the week are:
1. Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Salad Dressing!
 It is so yummy and very low in sugars, fat and calories!   Love this stuff!
2.  A friend of mine shared a recipe for Cabbage Steaks on Facebook.   I decided to give it a try.   They were so good.  Brenely and Brad liked them as well!  



If you Google Cabbage Steaks you can find lots of variations.   This is the version I tried.   I didn't really measure the oil much and I used minced garlic.  

Overall this was a great week!

I continue to remember those little ones who need help and this brings a drive inside of  me that I can't explain.   Thank you for coming along with me and supporting my project!  
I know I am getting help from above and I can feel the support from my family and friends.
 I am so thankful for all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment