I count my pounds lost to create a fuller, healthier life for me and my family and to help children in another land have food to eat.
I Count For Them!

Weight Loss

  • Week 12-13: 226.6
  • Week 11: 228.0
  • Week 10: 230.0
  • Week 9: 225.0
  • Week 6-8: Stayed the Same
  • Week 5: 226.6
  • Week 4: 227.0
  • Week 3: 229.4
  • Week 2: 230.3
  • Week 1: 232.2
  • Starting Weight: 241.2

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Reporting Week #9: Counting Points gets a Thumbs up!



So I started counting Weight Watcher points (using their old system).  It is small but I am seeing results this week.   I lost 1.6 pounds bringing me to 225.0.   And I did it without feeling like I had to say NO to everything.   It as a nice change.   I think this is how the weight loss will be from this point on...slow but hopefully steady.

I am still seeing changes in my body.   I went shopping for some shirts and I was able to buy  in the large size rather than XL or XXL. It seems to depend upon the style so I am unsure what shirt size I really am but I know I am smaller than before.    I try to remember this when I see pictures of myself.   I can see changes in my face but I struggle looking at a full body shot.  I feel ugly.   I am  battling negative self talk....I feel good and see improvements but then I look at myself in a recent picture and I wonder how long it is going to take until the real Brenda is found among the fat.   I don't like to think this way and I like who I am inside...I just have to continue to carry on by having faith and moving my feet.  Having Faith and Moving Forward seems to be a common theme throughout my life.   

I am thankful to feel the progress in my body even if the pictures aren't showing it.   I can run faster.   I trimmed 4 minutes off of my mile which is HUGE for me!   I am still a slow runner but Rome wasn't build in a day and I didn't put all of this weight on in a day.   I have to remind myself to be patient with my body.    I look forward to being able to hike this summer and bike and be active with my children.  This is something I used to be, active, but then one day I wasn't.  At least that is how it felt.   I have goals and a secret desire of my heart that I hope will come sometime in the next couple of years and I want to be physically ready for the call if it comes.   Even it that call doesn't come the Lord will have other plans and I want to be able to meet he challenges with energy and vigor!   Good health is an incredible blessing and everyday is a gift!   

Another milestone this past week is wearing a belt.   My pants are getting too baggy so I tried an old belt on. I could only do it up on the first hole but at least I could do it up!!!!!   That was kind of fun!!!   
My favorite grocery item is Greek Yogurt (non-fat).   

I made this recipe and replaced the mayo with the Greek yogurt.  Saves LOTS of calories and fat.  I think the mayo probably adds some flavor so I added some taco seasoning and garlic powder to give it a little more spice.  I also replaced the burger with turkey burger.  It turned out yummy.    Next time I will use rice on the bottom and less tortilla chips on top.   This would bring it to a lower point value.  

So this was my week in a nutshell.
Onward and Upward!



No comments:

Post a Comment