I count my pounds lost to create a fuller, healthier life for me and my family and to help children in another land have food to eat.
I Count For Them!

Weight Loss

  • Week 12-13: 226.6
  • Week 11: 228.0
  • Week 10: 230.0
  • Week 9: 225.0
  • Week 6-8: Stayed the Same
  • Week 5: 226.6
  • Week 4: 227.0
  • Week 3: 229.4
  • Week 2: 230.3
  • Week 1: 232.2
  • Starting Weight: 241.2

Monday, June 2, 2014

Reporting on Weeks 12-13. The End of my Project.

Wow!   This project has been an incredible learning tool!  
The two biggest lessons have been 

1.  I have more success when I lean on my Father in Heaven.  
2.  Weight loss goals are not reached by seeing how much you can lose in a certain period of time... rather it is in every day small simple choices.  

This project has been awesome to jump start my motivation to get moving again.   It has been a huge blessing in my life.  And while the project ends here my journey to my goal continues.   Each day I am striving to make good choices and when I do I see positive results.  The success isn't always shown on the scale but I can always feel the success.   My weight will be something I will have to be aware of my whole life.   I will need to continue to make good choices even after I reach my goal weight.

On week 10 I stepped on the scale and saw a 5 pound weight gain.   I wanted to just go to bed and not wake up for a while.  I had been so stressed with issues dealing with my son and my daughter dealing with health issues.   It was a hard few weeks and I realize that even though I was eating and exercising pretty well during this time my body was dealing with my stress in the only way a body knows how.   Those hormones (namely Cortisol) which release during stressful periods are great at helping you deal with your situation but they are also great with helping to pack on the pounds.   In an article on the Mayo Clinic website "Chronic Stress puts your health at risk."  It talks about how stress can cause weight gain as well as a whole bunch of other issues.   Once I realized what was going on and once I was able to get the issues with my kiddos resolved I went and talked to my doctor.   She is helping me do what I need to move forward.   By week 11 and then week 12 I had dropped a couple pounds and today I have almost lost that 5 pounds I gained in week 10.    I am down to 226.6.    My total weight loss in 13 weeks is 14.6 pounds.   I was hoping for a 20 pounds loss in these 13 weeks but I am happy with my results.  I have lost a little over 1 pound a week when I average it out.   That is pretty good.

My goal from this point on is to continue to use Weight Watcher tools and continue to walk, run, bike and do all of the fun active things I have been doing.
I am also heading to the Orthopedic doctor this week to get help for my numb toes.  it doesn't hurt but it is annoying.   I have a feeling he is going to tell me to lay off the running for a while.  I am guessing I have a pinched nerve someplace.   But when there is a will there is a way and I will do what I need to do to get my feet well and to keep on my journey.
Thank you so much for supporting me in my project!
While it isn't a load of money the total amount raised for the cuties in Liberia is $312.80.

I wish I could have lost more so there would be more heading to the orphanage but I am excited to be able to have even this much!!!
Thank you so much!!
 It is your turn now....please go to this page: http://hopeforfallenleaves.org/event/i-count-for-them/  and click on the button on the top right corner that says "Donate Here"  to pay your pledge.


I am so thankful you joined with me in helping some beautiful children have a little more of what they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment